Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bedding, Book Club, and a Bracelet

I finally got some new bedding for our bed. We have been using an old comforter we inherited from my mom, after we took a queen sized mattress from her basement to Amy in California. Amy has not been in California in, maybe, 8 years, so it has been a long time! And I never even liked it, but it was warm and serviceable and it worked just fine.

But we needed new sheets and so I got new sheets and a "down-alternative" comforter and a duvet cover. I got a great deal on the sheets, and I am excited to try them out tonight, because they are 600 thread count. We have never had 600 thread count before, so hopefully they live up to the hype.

You cannot tell from this picture, but our mattress and box spring sit right on the floor. We have never bought a "real" bed, and right before we moved to this house (3.5 years ago!), our bed frame broke, and we have never replaced it. I like that I never have to vacuum under the bed anymore, though. Saves me time!

Someday we will buy furniture for our bedroom. Luckily, Greg has a cousin who sells furniture wholesale. I have already picked out the bed I want. And a new kitchen table, and new barstools, and baby furniture, and .... You name it, I have got my eye on it!

Tonight I went to the Blue and Gold Banquet and a Court of Honor and my book club. It was a full night and fun to see everyone. The little boys looked so cute in their Scout uniforms.

Then it was off to Book Club. I got a great compliment from Abby, Tiff's little girl. I am usually pretty late to BC because I go to my Institute class and then on to see my friends. We almost always move our meetings to Tiff's house because her husband travels a lot for work, and it is easier for her to have it at her house so she can put her kids to bed. Last month I skipped Institute because it was my month to host, so I was the first one there, and I had a lot of fun talking to Libby and Abby before Tiff packed them off to bed. Tonight, because of Blue & Gold and the Court of Honor, I also skipped Institute and made it to BC by about 8:20. The little girls were just getting in to bed, so I got to talk with them for a few minutes. Apparently, right before I got there, cute little Abby asked her mom if the lady who is always nice to her was coming.

That's quite the compliment! It totally warmed my heart to be thought of as the lady who is "always nice."


Book Club is always so much fun! I have waxed long about my BC friends before, and I will reiterate - it is nice to have such good friends! Sorry to Kandice for missing her in the picture above - I grabbed the camera to shoot Ellie with her cute folded hands, and it was before Kandice had made it. Ilene brought me a belated birthday present of this cute friendship bracelet. It is little things like this that made me feel loved! When I have down days, I look at things that remind me of love and goodness in the world, and this bracelet is going to be added to my list. Thanks, Ilene! (This is probably not making much sense, but it is 12:48 a.m. and I am a little punchy. Off to bed now....)

1 comment:

graciela said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Joannah

http://windscreensite.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...