Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Stockers

My life is a study in contrasts. One of those contrasts is my current employment situation. I teach classes at a University, and I stock magazines at our local Wal-Mart. And I enjoy them both!

I embrace my apron and box cutter at Wal-Mart, and I enjoy chatting it up with my friend Joanna, also known as Stocker Jo. Jo and I have so much fun lifting our crates and getting all dirty. I thought I was getting pretty good at using the pallet driver, until today. I could not get that sucker to go where I wanted it to go!

On the other hand, I mostly enjoy wearing dress clothes and I always enjoy chatting it up with my friend Beth at school (especially when she brings her baby to work with her).


So, I guess what I am trying to say is that contrasts are a good thing. I do what I can to stay busy and have an excuse to see my friends every week. When Beth switched her class to Tuesday/Thursday (instead of MWF) so she could have more time with Jayston, I had to switch my class to Thursday (instead of Monday). What is the point of going to work if I can't see Beth?

3 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so jealous! I would love to work with you and Joanna, two of the funnest people I know! Tell her I said HI! Does she blog?

Renee said...

I love that you work at Walmart and the University...what a contrast! You are a wonderfully well rounded person - there's the proof for you! Cute pictures. I bet Joanna wanted to kill you for taking them!

Jo Squire said...

ah.. so you realized I really would have killed you if you didn't add the picture I took of you also.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...