Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend Highlights

Another fun weekend has passed. Here are the highlights:
  • Friday night I went to watch Greg ref with Greg's dad. He is so cute! We don't hang out with just the 2 of us very often; Greg and/or Greg's mom is usually with us. We watched the game between the #1 and #2 teams in the state, and it was an exciting game. I (unfortunately) forgot to bring my new camera, and I wished I had had it there to take pictures of Greg in his extremely flattering referee uniform. I also learned a new cheer (compliments of the Lone Peak fans) = Shoot the zebra, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap. Repeated ad nauseaum.
  • Saturday morning we had a Primary Quarterly Activity. Our theme was love and service, in honor of Valentine's Day, and we had the Bears help us plan it. The children brought a gently loved book (which we will donate to the Woman's and Children's Shelter in Provo) and we had some fun stations. In my station, we played Bingo with conversation hearts as markers, and ate donuts, and played a game where the kids tried to transfer the hearts from one bowl to the next using bamboo skewers. The original idea was to use chopsticks, but it was cheaper to buy the skewers. Meant to bring my camera, and forgot again! I need to get back in the habit of taking my camera everywhere.
  • Sunday night we went to Mary & Bill's house for dinner. Carolyn, of the infamous shoulder-tapping-in-church incident, had a lot of fun talking to Greg about that. I made the 3 older kids play their Festival songs for me, and am totally impressed with their piano teacher, because they are super-prepared with Festival still a month away. My piano kids need to step it up! (Not that I am comparing, or anything). We also learned that a few years ago, Bill took a 10-week sabbatical, and they hooked up their trailer and went on a family road trip to all 48 continental US states. ALL 48 STATES! With 4 children. Ages 2-10. Bill said it was the highlight of his life. How long have I known Mary yet, and I had never heard this story? Bill has a website, which I knew Mary had linked on her blog, but I had never clicked on it before. It is fabulous!
It was a great weekend! Tonight I get to babysit Daniel. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Life's Journey said...

Man, That sounds like it was a great weekend. It would've been fun to be at the game with you guys. I wish I could be there to hang out with you and Daniel tonight. He is awesome!! Hope all is well for you. Your blog is great fun! Happy Days!

Mary said...

We had such a great time with you on Sunday! Why did we ever wait so long? My kids have been and will be talking about it all week because you make them feel so special. Thanks for a fun evening!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...