Saturday, April 18, 2009

Catching Up

So many things have been happening, and I have not taken the time to blog about any of them. Highlights from this week include a fun snow storm on Thursday. Always exciting to wake up to a few inches of snow in the middle of April!


The funny thing is that we had actually spent a few hours the Saturday before getting our garden all ready to go, and had planted peas and onions. Good thing they like cold weather, because they also got covered in the snow! As a side note, it was easy to get the garden ready to go this year. We have never spent so few hours getting everything ready and things planted. Looking forward to continuing on with the Square Foot Gardening method!


Another exciting event was getting a special treat in the mail. I had my blog printed up in to a book! I found a website, blog2print.com that was super fast and easy. All I had to do was put in the url of my blog, and it generated the book for me. There are a few design flaws, but I am so pleased with it overall, that those do not bother me. I cannot wait to make a book for each year that I continue blogging. And, this does not come a moment too soon, since I have used up 71% of my free online storage on blogger already; now I can delete all of my old posts!


Today was my friend Elizabeth's baby shower. Luckily, I always have my camera in my purse, so I became the unofficial photographer of the event. I was glad to help out, because I had offered to do more with the party planner Emily, but since I was gone to Dubai she did not give me any assignments! Luckily, Elizabeth liked the gift I got her. We wish her the best!

I put the rest of the pictures from the shower on Picasa.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I love the blog book!

Mary said...

Fun header, awesome book and great time at Elizabeth's shower. I'll have to ask you more about your book next time I see you. Neat!

Angie said...

So fun to see Elizabeth's shower! I just recently heard she was expecting. Tell her I said Congrats! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Life's Journey said...

So I love the book idea, I'm glad you shared that with us. The header is also cool. I am thinking about trying them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...