Friday, May 29, 2009

Bracken

I was able to have lunch yesterday with my good, cute, sweet, intelligent, amazing friend Beth. She also brought Jayston, who has to be the most adorable little boy ever! He was so good during our lunch. He just ate his Cheerios and some rice from Mom's meal, and smiled at me.

I borrowed these pictures from her blog:

This picture of Beth is of her 20 weeks pregnant - and she is barely showing! She has popped out a leeeetle bit since this pic was taken, though.

Anyhoo, the point of this post is to tell a story that demonstrates that all of my reading of 19th century British literature is of true value in every day life.

Beth's ultrasound shows that another little boy will join her family in the middle of September. She brought a list of names that she and Gabe are considering to get my opinions. I have no problem giving my opinions, and it was fun to read over her list.

One of the names on the list was Bracken. I read it and thought, that has a nice sound. And then I thought again - isn't Bracken a kind of a weed? Or foliage? Or something in the forest? It seems like it should be in a sentence like, "they were amazed at the verdure and bracken."

I just got an email from Beth. Bracken = a fern.

Scratch that name off of the list!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I am so glad you brought that up! No baby Bracken for us!
Gabe was just so happy that you liked the ones he liked.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...