Monday, May 4, 2009

A Day in the Life

Here is a glimpse in to a day in my life:

I woke up at 7:30 (before my "just-in-case" alarm went off) and got up and puttered around the bathroom a little before I decided that I did not feel like getting up yet. So I went back to bed and snuggled with Greg some more, and thought about what I needed to do. I am sure I snoozed a little...

I got up for real about an hour later and did Wii Fit. I am not that coordinated, but I have fun doing the exercises - especially all of the yoga. I have always really loved yoga, since I discovered it when we went to MSU-Bozeman. The Wii tells me funny things, like "do you have trouble walking?" I really need to work on my balance, apparently (and yet, I rock at yoga!).

Then I ate breakfast while I read my scriptures. I am currently going through the New Testament. It is always nice to read the words of the Savior from when he was on the earth.

About 10:45 I fired up the computer, got iTunes playing, and graded papers for my online class. I got through all of the semester projects (6-10 page papers that the students were supposedly working on all semester) and had them graded and recorded by 1:45. Please do not tell students how little time it takes to grade all of their hard work - it may burst some bubbles! Besides a couple of stragglers with technology problems, I have finished all of the work for my online class for the semester. That feels good!

Next I had a little lunch, read my latest book while eathng, and then hopped in the shower. I just had to take another picture of my nasty bruise, because now it is a fantastic yellowy-green hue. I got my hand in the picture so that there is some scale - it is truly huge and fairly disgusting!

The red scrape in the middle must be from where I connected with the armrest of the chair bolted down in the Marriott Center. That chair was not going anywhere; it was up to my leg to give way. Apparently the Wii is right! I do have trouble walking...


After getting presentable for other people to see, I spent just a few minutes doing domestic things (like laundry and dishes) before starting piano lessons at 3:30. It always feels good to do those little things to keep my house clean and fresh. I can really tell a difference in the atmosphere when the house is clean.

While I was teaching piano, Greg got home from work and started right in on mowing the lawn. We have had so much rain lately that it has gotten fairly long (obviously he has not been able to mow it in the rain). As soon as I got done at 6:45, I changed clothes and headed out to do some weeding. That is by far my favorite chore (NOT). I did not mind it that much tonight. Maybe it is because it is the beginning of the year, and it felt really good to be working outside. After weeding for a while, and cleaning the grass clippings off of the sidewalk and driveway, I headed back to plant some more stuff in our garden. Only about half of our initial planting of peas came up, so I replanted the peas, and planted more spinach (to space the harvest) and some more carrots.

About then (8:30ish) it was starting to get dark, so I came in and made some dinner (listening to more music, of course), and watched a little of Dancing With the Stars while I ate. How did I live before TiVo? I love not having to watch commercials, and just having my shows automatically record.

Now I am documenting the day, and then I will go watch some more DWTS and then head to bed. It's been a great day!

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

I LOVE "day in the life" posts!

Don't you always wonder what's going on inside others' lives? Maybe it's just me...

Kelly said...

That bruise--ouch! Heather, you make any day sound fab. Love love LOVE your positive attitude about life. Can you come weed my yard?

Beth said...

How fun! How come my day include answering about 15 emails about SafeAssign problems and yours does not?
By the way, I think we have the same counters

Heather said...

Well, I did have some Safe Assign problems - and those are the stragglers I am waiting for! I just do not care anymore. It is the end of the semester, and it is hard to admit that, but there it is...

Natalie said...

Your bruise is... exciting! Ouch! And this cracked me up: "Please do not tell students how little time it takes to grade all of their hard work - it may burst some bubbles!" Ha ha ha. So true, so true. I think I may do a day in the life. Ha ha... good idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...