Monday, July 13, 2009

Jon Schmidt Concert

We had a lot of fun Friday night going with our friends Mary & Bill to a Jon Schmidt concert. I love seeing Jon Schmidt in concert! He is a consummate performer, and I really enjoy his music. He is working on a new album now, and I can't wait for it to come out. He has released one track so far in a YouTube video, and I enjoy watching it. I often fire it up as background music. We were lucky to be at the concert, because he played this song, and said it was the first time it was ever played for a live audience.


Greg, as always, was a huge hit with the little girls, Carolyn and Alissa. He kept them entertained when they started to get bored.

I love these pictures of beautiful Emily (14), Carolyn (9), and Alissa (7).

At one point, Greg had Alissa and Carolyn both sitting on his lap.

I looked over, and Carolyn was resting her hand right on top of Greg's hand. I got my camera ready to take a picture, and Alissa snuck her hand in as well. Precious!

Carolyn and Alissa had each gotten a stuffed animal from Build-A-Bear that day. Here is Greg, Alissa, and Ears.

Many thanks to Mary for inviting us to come with them! We had a great time. I love going to Jon Schmidt concerts because he is so entertaining. Here are some video clips that show what I mean.

Jon Schmidt always plays something with his toes:

Lately, Steven Sharp Nelson is a part of the concert. He calls himself a cello-percussionist, and you can see why here!

I love when Jon Schmidt and Steve Nelson do song "mishmashes." Here is a part of their mishmash of "Phantom of the Opera" and "Don't Worry, Be Happy."

3 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

I'm so jealous that you got to see Love Story live!! Looks like so much fun!

Mary said...

I don't know who was more entertaining - the awesome Greg and Heather duo or the guy on stage. Guess it depends on who you ask. :) Emily is already asking if we can go to his September Thanksgiving Point concert. Plus I have had some great piano practicing this week.

stephanie said...

Love Jon Schmidt!- I have his christmas piano book - the only one I have of his so guess what was heard at my house today? Yup- this was before I read you're blog. What a funny coincidence. He is amazing in concert! Glad you had fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...