Wednesday, July 22, 2009

More fun for Greg's Birthday

Last Saturday we had a bbq and had some of Greg's family + Gwen & Dave over to celebrate his birthday (we didn't discriminate - all of the ones who could come, came!). It is always fun to play with his siblings and the nieces and nephews.

Tanya, Dave, and Andrew came first, and we got to spend about 20 minutes with them before anyone else showed up. They are so much fun to talk to! I have learned so much about how I want to be as a parent by watching them with Andrew. They have figured out how what they want to do, and the direction they want to go, and they recognize their strengths and weaknesses, and they work together. And they have awesome outcomes. Andrew is a great little boy.


It was a relaxing night full of food and visiting and laughing. Kyralyn has been taught how to sing "We Will Rock You" and it is funny to hear her husky, raspy voice singing loud and proud.

After everyone left around 9:45, I started working on my Sharing Time for Primary the next day. Greg whipped out the paper and started looking at movie times. He found that the new Harry Potter movie was playing at 10:20. So, I hopped online and bought tickets and we ran over to the movie.

It was disappointing.

We got home around 1:30, and then I actually did my Sharing Time and got to bed about 2:30. Greg had to get up for early morning meetings, and I woke up with him and then fell back asleep. My alarm went off at 7:30, and I snoozed my alarm just like always. The next thing I knew, it was 8:42. Church starts at 9. I always set up the Primary room.

I made it. And then I realized I had left my Sharing Time stuff on the kitchen counter. Oops. So I ran home and got that, and then I was able to get back to the church and calm down. It was crazy. I never oversleep!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GREG! :) So great to see you guys happily surrounded by family & friends.

AMAZING that you pulled off Primary on Sunday! And we never knew - you hide it all so well. Always smiling & ready to go.

We saw Harry Potter on Saturday morning - found it disappointing as well. What a bummer after waiting excitedly for so long! :(

Magson said...

Your whole review of HP6 is "It was dissapointing?!?!?!??!!?"

What made you think so? Travis and Sarah loved it. I thought it was nice enough, but then, I've not read the books, and those who have done so tell me it's a significant departure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...