Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ellie slept 8 hours last night...

I have had a lot of people tell me about a book called Becoming Baby Wise, and my friend Mary lent me her copy, and our friends Greg & Natalie gave us a copy.

Mary gave me kind of the rundown on its principles, and I have been doing them already, but I finally read the book in the car on the way home from Montana yesterday. We got home, and put immediately into practice what we had just read - really just tweaking what we had already been doing.

The book promises that you can get your baby to sleep through the night (8-11 hours) within 8 weeks of life. Ellie is a month old, and on the FIRST day of doing what they said, she slept for over 8 hours.

Over 8 hours!

I have so much energy today that I do not even know what to do with myself...

P.S. In this picture, Ellie was sleeping with Greg, and just managed to slide one finger in her mouth. She did not suck on it - just had it in there long enough for me to snap a picture, and then we pulled it out.

2 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

What did the Montana family thinking of Ellie? I can just imagine how excited they must have been to meet her!!

Carrie said...

You're SO SO lucky!!! I tried "babywise" with Calan & it never worked. He STILL doesn't sleep 8 hours....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...