Thursday, October 29, 2009

A First and a Few Faces

On Tuesday, Ellie experienced her first snowstorm.  It was awesome!  We started the morning at Darci's house for our presidency meeting, and Darci lent me her cute, snuggly, warm, pink Bundle Me.  This was perfect timing, because when I woke up that morning and saw the snow, I had plans to go to the store after the meeting and buy one.  So Darci saved me time and money!  (Kevin will be so proud - and Greg will be happy too...)

When we got home, I tried to get a self-portrait of Ellie and myself, with the snow outside the window.  Since I am not a professional photographer like my friend Kelly, this shot was the best I could come up with.

And, I have to share a shot of Ellie's perfect, engaging smile.  I just got this when Ellie was laughing and cooing and smiling up a storm.

When Jonette was here a couple of weeks ago, we hit the mother lode at Kohl's and found cute turtle decorations for the nursery.  I got everything put up a week ago or so, and I love going in the nursery even more than ever. 

This morning, Ellie started squawking about 7:30, so I got up to go get her and feed her.  She did not have her eyes open.  So, I went back to bed.  About a minute later, Ellie squawked again, and Greg and I both got up and went and looked her.  Her eyes were still not open.  So, I sat down in the rocker and pulled up a blanket and waited for a few minutes.  I just enjoyed looking around at her beautiful room.  And then I dozed a little - and Ellie did not wake up until almost 8:30.  That makes for 9 hours last night - which she has been sleeping pretty consistently lately.  (We can still be friends if your baby does not sleep that much, right?)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

JJ Cole, the company that makes Bundle Me's is right next door to my office here in Logan!

I don't know if you have Facebook or not but if you become their fan, you can be entered to win in giveaways that they have all the time.

Elizabeth said...

Yes, we can still be friends! But maybe Ellie could talk to Davis about her sleep habits...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...