Sunday, October 11, 2009

Produce

Our garden has done pretty well this year (remarkable, considering how little time we have spent on it!).  On Friday, Ellie and I went out to harvest some onions and carrots.  I got all of the onions out, and about 1/20th of the carrots before Ellie decided she had had enough.  It was a little comical, because I took her out in her car seat and set her on the paver stones next to the box I was working on.  She sucked on her binkie for a little while, but once she spit it out there was not much I could do - I was really dirty...



We do not thin our carrots the way we should, so we sometimes get interesting shapes.  I love the way these carrots twined around each other.  I feel like I should be making a wise observation about it, but I am not coming up with anything.  Thoughts?  I need some deep thinkers to tell me the appropriate analogy to be drawn here...

The other night when Greg was burping Ellie, I was struck by how little her head was in comparison to his hand.  I just had to get a picture, and Ellie gave me the sweetest smiles!

Today for church, I decided it was cold enough to dress Ellie in this adorable corduroy dress given to Ellie by our friend Jennifer (who was a big help through the adoption journey, as she has adopted 3 beautiful girls).  I was worried about Ellie's legs being cold, so I put tights on her for the very first time.  I think the 0-6 month size is still a little big on her!

After church, Ellie had her first ever blow-out!  It came up the front of her diaper, and soaked through her under-onesie, and her outer-onesie, and her pants.  We got her stripped down and did a little spit-bath in the bathroom sink.  Greg had the foresight to grab the camera and snap a picture of her adorable self.  You can really see how she is getting chunkier - and we love every single little roll!

4 comments:

Traci said...

Love the bath picture. I'm surprized that this is only her first blowout.

Kelly said...

For some reason, they always have a blow out at church. I don't know why....

Renee said...

We had a blow out today too... must be something in the air! :) I watched her smile at you both in Sacrament meeting today. She was so awake and aware of her surroundings. It is fun to watch her grow and watch you two grin from ear to ear as you look at her! :)

HappyCamper said...

Interesting how you start out with produce and end up with Ellie Mae! that's 'cuz she is such a great product!

Thanks for the wonderful pictures you fill you blog with. Its sure fun to see you experiencing all of the "little" things, like squeaking doors and binkies falling out and you are not "sanitary" enough to put it back in.

Thanks Heather, for being such a joy and light in our lives as well as so many others. We love the 3 of you and are so pleased and happy for this wonderful family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...