Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Songs in 6/8 time

I have discovered that Ellie loves it when I sing "jaunty" songs in 6/8 time.  It gets her to smile and coo every time, even if she is crying or a little whiny.  I sing to Ellie all of the time, and knew that she loved Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam.  The other morning when I was getting her dressed, I tried Have You Done Any Good in the World Today, and it was such a hit that I dusted off every energetic 6/8 song I could think of (which was only Who's On The Lord's Side, Who?, and I Saw Three Ships Come Sailing In,  for which I could not remember all of the words, so I had to make up some of my own).  It is great to have these songs in my back pocket for when they are needed.  I think it is the meter and the tone that Ellie likes the best.

Ellie has been kind of laughing for a week or so, and a couple of days ago I caught her first actual laugh on video!  I am so happy that I just happened to be taping when it happened.  It is a long clip, but if you fast forward to about 2 minutes and 10 seconds, you will hear it yourself!

3 comments:

Mary said...

That laugh makes my day. I'll be back to hear it again. And your happiness makes it even more fun. What a treat! And I never would have figured out the 6/8 song thing. Spoken like a true musician.

Julie M said...

Ok that is the cutest thing EVER! I have watched it about 10 times now...how lucky you were to get that on video!!!! Priceless! :)

Amy Conklin said...

That is so cute! Ellie definately has the two of you wrapped around her little finger! I loved your reactions! How precious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...