Saturday, November 28, 2009

Things that put life in perspective....

I had been planning all day to blog tonight when Greg was at his game about my week - how I went to New Moon on Monday night with the Book Club Ladies (and loved it), and about Thanksgiving (we hosted this year and enjoyed the company of Bobi, Brian, Adam, & Lyssa; Kent & Jessica; Tanya, Dave & Andrew; Gwen & Dave; and Paul, Dallin & Parker at various points during the day), and about what an amazing baby Ellie is and the things she learned this week (like finding her tongue and figuring out how to make buzzing noises with her tongue stuck out), and about how fun it is to go shopping with Greg, Ellie, and Tammy.

But when I got home tonight I got a phone call that changed my whole perspective.  My neighbor (who is 31 years old), with 2 nursery-aged children and a pregnant wife, was killed this afternoon in a motorcross accident.  I don't know any details - just that Brian is gone.  And Collette is due to have her baby in about 2 weeks.

And my heart aches for Collette and her children.  I cannot imagine what she is going through right now.  It makes me sick to my stomach to think about her pain and grief.  All I can do is pray for her.  And kiss Greg an extra time before he walks out the door.  And hold Ellie a little closer.  And pray for Collette again.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh how awful. That poor family. They are in my prayers as well.

Julie said...

Oh wow! You never know how much time we have here with our loved ones.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...