Friday, January 15, 2010

NICU

Today I am most grateful for the fact that we have not had to deal with the trial of having a baby in the NICU.  Last night I was able to visit with my friend Erin.  She delivered a beautiful baby boy on Monday afternoon, and Camden entered this world at 2 pounds 5 ounces, and 14 inches long.  His little body is struggling to figure out how to make everything work.  Our prayers continue to be with Erin and Cam.


Erin amazes me!  This is her second baby (out of 4) that has spent significant time in the NICU.  She told me that at least she is a different hospital this time, so that it is a little bit different...Cam will probably be in the hospital for 9 weeks (until his due date).

I remember when Reece was in the NICU, I kept on telling myself that it was hard that I could not get pregnant, but it was not nearly as hard as having a baby born with an emergency c-section and then life-flighted before even getting a glimpse of his face.  Erin said this time, the doctor's were sensitive to her and pulled down the divider thingie so that she could look at Cam before he was whisked away.

As I was watching Ellie play today, my thoughts were continually with Erin and Mark and their boys.  I pray that everything will continue to go well and that Cam will stabilize (he is currently in critical condition) and that he will not need open-heart or intestinal surgery.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Wow! That really puts things in perspective!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...