Friday, January 1, 2010

What a difference a year makes...

At this time last year, I had no expectations that our lives were going to change so dramatically in such a short time.  I prayed daily, hourly, that we would be blessed to welcome a child to our home.  I had hope, and I had faith in the Lord's timing, but I tried not to expect.

What a difference a year makes!  Our lives this year have been full of evidence of the Lord's tender mercies to us.  The biggest and most obvious tender mercy in our lives is meeting Tayler, and being entrusted to raise Ellie.  I have also recognized the support of family and friends this year, and have opened myself up to feeling the love that surrounds me.  Greg's business continues to provide for our family, and he has a hobby that he loves to do and is successful at (although why anyone would want to be yelled at by basketball fans is beyond me).

We are truly blessed!

4 comments:

Julie said...

You have had an awesome year and this year will also be great for you guys.
What hobby is it that Greg has? Oh, I had my carpet cleaned and didn't know it was your business until Greg's brother showed up and told me. :) small world
p.s. my carpet looks great!

Beth said...

Heather! What a wonderful year you have had. I sure miss our talks at the U!

Kelly said...

I love reading your blog! It makes me happy!

Kathryn said...

You are a walking reminder that prayer works and that blessings do pour from heaven.

Thanks for letting all of us share your joy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...