Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ellie's Sealing


This morning we had the wonderful opportunity to take Ellie to the temple and be sealed together as a family.  It was amazing to walk in to the sealing room and see so many of our friends and family members gathered together - the room was overflowing with loved ones.  It brought tears to our eyes to feel all of the support.  Thanks to all of those who made the effort to come from near and far.

There was a little delay in bringing Ellie up to us, because she was having a little bit of a meltdown.  Once the nice temple worker brought E in, she stopped crying as soon as Greg got her.  When we got ready to do the sealing, Ellie started screaming again.  So Greg picked her up, and the tears instantly stopped.  So we tried again, and there were tears.  Picked up - no more tears.  We finally just got on with it, and Ellie cried the whole time.  Afterwards, everyone came by and gave us hugs, and Ellie wasn't quite sure what to think about all of those people touching her mom and dad!

After some quick pictures (and I will post those as soon as I get them from Kelly), and a bottle, Ellie was perfectly content and happy.  We put her in her car seat to come home, and she was asleep almost instantly.  Most of the people who were at the temple came to our house for a little luncheon, and Ellie slept the whole time.

Everyone has left our house now, and I wanted to take a quick moment to blog while the feelings were fresh.  The Spirit was so strong today in the temple.  I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and for the opportunity we have to be a forever family.

Cherie Call has a beautiful song about adoption, and as I have thought about Tayler today, some of the lyrics keep running through my mind:

You delivered her from Heaven, something only you could do
And you have trusted us to love her and to teach her what is true
You have been our earthly angel
And I hope you know we pray
That we can deliver her back to Heaven
And that we'll meet you there someday

I pray that we will be able to teach Ellie the things she needs to know so that we can meet Tayler in heaven, and fulfill the trust that she placed in us to raise Ellie.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

I remember being sealed to my family along with my younger brother who was also adopted. I also remember being sealed to my husband & baby Alix. Both days are so close to my heart it's hard to find the words. I'm so glad you had such a special day - brought on a bout of happy tears. :)

Rachelle said...

I am so happy for you and Greg. How blessed you are and how blessed Ellie is to have you both! Love to you!!

Renee said...

What a wonderful day for you all! I laughed hard when Nina told me how Ellie did not want to cooperate...poor thing! How exciting!!!

Beth said...

Heather-
Thank you for allowing us to share your special with you. It was wonder watching your beautiful daughter be joined forever with her family. I also loved seeing how much she loves her momma and daddy!

Sorry we could not stay, we had to get back to our kids.

The Gardner Family said...

I never got to see her in this adorable outfit! Soooo precious! What an amazing weekend Heather! You are truly a special family with such a special spirit! Love ya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...