Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful day yesterday.  This is the first Mother's Day in years that I have looked forward to.  Thanks to Tayler and Ellie, all of the old heartaches were swallowed up in the joy of the day.

Greg did not have morning meetings before church in honor of the day, so he played with Ellie and made breakfast while I relaxed (that was decadent).  He gave me 2 beautiful cards (one from him and one "from" Ellie) and the best present ever - he taught my Relief Society lesson for me so that I could hold Ellie all the way through church.  I didn't let anyone else hold her, even though Kari and Elizabeth both offered.  She was mine all day!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so happy for you (still) and your first Mother's Day with Ellie. She is such a doll - we watched her all through Sacrament Meeting! She is so blessed to have you for a mom!

Elizabeth said...

Super cute pics of you two!! Great smiles from Ellie!

Beth said...

I thought about you a few times throughout the day, wondering if you were enjoying your day.
I am so glad to see that you did.
I love your haircut by the way!

Good luck with summer semester, let me know if you need some help.

PS Your word verification is "sumbowni" I think I may use that if I ever get a daughter ;)

Kathryn said...

You came to mind often on Mother's Day - your first! Every thought of you & Ellie made me smile. Blessings, blessings, blessings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...