Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Camp Family Reunion - Day 1

Saturday morning we packed up the car and headed north to the Camp Family Reunion.  My dad and his sisters found a gorgeous camp 10 miles outside of Swan Valley, Idaho (population 213).  We were about halfway between Idaho Falls and Jackson, Wyoming - up in the mountains - and it was gorgeous.
We got to the lodge and went in to say hi to everyone.  Aunt Cheryl got us registered, and Uncle John took pictures for our name tags.  Those name tags really saved me all weekend!  I am not sure what is happening in this picture, but Ellie and I are both pulling funny faces...
After checking out the lodge (and the view from the back deck), we picked a campsite and got our tent set up (before the rain came).  Then it was back to the lodge for socializing.  It was great to see so many of my cousins, many of whom I haven't seen in years.
After a yummy dinner we headed down to the campfire amphitheater for things that we Camps do best - singing and playing silly games.  Jen and Brady put together some "Minute to Win It" games, and my pops was the grand champion!
I love singing around the campfire, especially with Uncle Bob leading us on his guitar.  What a great first night!  Ellie did great going to bed for the first time in a tent.  We played on the air mattress and let her crawl around for an hour, and when she was tired enough, we put her in the port-a-crib and crawled in bed ourselves and turned out the flashlights.  Ellie stood up and looked at us for a minute, and then laid down and fell asleep.  It was amazing!  After we knew she was really asleep, we covered her up with blankets and went to sleep ourselves.  It rained off and on the whole night, and every time I woke up, I just prayed that Ellie was still under blankets.  I checked several times, and she always was - which is a miracle, because she never stays under her blankets at home.  Ellie woke up warm and happy the next morning!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...