Monday, July 5, 2010

More Family Reunion Stuff

Saturday morning, we started off with family pictures.  Jessica was nice enough to come (kind of at the last minute) and take them for us.  It is a little daunting, considering that there are now 42 of us, and she did an amazing job!  Everyone really liked her, and we can't wait to see how things turned out.

Then we had a relaxing afternoon, with naps for the kiddies and a leisurely lunch for all.  The weather was gorgeous, and it was so nice to sit in the backyard under the canopy and enjoy each other.

I was also excited to dress Ellie in her 4th of July outfit.  I love celebrating our country and our freedoms, and the 4th of July has become even more special to us ever since we found out it is Tayler's favorite holiday.

The big event of the night came when about half of us packed up and caravaned down to BYU for the Stadium of Fire, and the other half went to watch the fireworks at Thanksgiving Point.  Ellie fell asleep in the car on the way down, and that hour's nap kept her happy the whole night.  We were so excited to take her with us, and she did AMAZING!  She just played and laughed and danced to the music, and went back and forth between Greg and I.  We were all set to leave early if she had a hard time, but she didn't.  Ellie did get tired, but she just laid her head down and snuggled in her blankets.  The only tears came at the beginning, when they did the Stadium of Fire theme song and shot off some fireworks.  Those scared Ellie and she cried for a minute.  But she was fine when the jets flew over, and she did great with the actual fireworks at the end.  When they started, Greg was holding her and turned her around to see, and she didn't care - Ellie just put her head back on his shoulder.  But then she started going back and forth between us, and she would reach her hand up to the sky like she was trying to catch the fireworks.

The big draw (and the reason we went) was Carrie Underwood.  She did an awesome job and Ellie just rocked out to her songs - when she wasn't resting her head on a shoulder.

We got back to the car about 11 and got Ellie changed into pajamas.  Then it took us 37 minutes to get out of our parking lot.  Ellie was so goosey and punchy that she was just giggling and jabbering.  On the walk back to the car, she kept on trying to get Grandpa and would just laugh and laugh.  She fell asleep about 11:30, and I had to wake her up to get ready for church the next morning at 9:30.

The most amazing thing to me is how happy and adaptable Ellie is.  We have totally messed with her schedule this week, and she has done just fine.  The only change I have seen is that she is a little clingy to me or Greg when she has not napped enough.  But I don't mind Ellie being extra-snuggly at all!

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...