Thursday, August 19, 2010

Congratulations, Stephanie!

Last Thursday we had the opportunity to celebrate Steph's graduation from BYU.  What a big day!  Steph is a constant inspiration to me.  She is an amazing woman who holds everything together while raising 5 children (by herself).

The whole Book Club and their families came to our house for a bbq to celebrate this achievement.  It was fun to see everyone, even though it was SOOOO windy.  I couldn't believe that in this summer of perfect nights, we have tried to have 2 outdoor parties in a week's time, and Ellie's bday party was rained out, and Steph's party almost got winded out.  We managed to have a good time anyway, since we are all hardy Lehites.  I guess the good thing about the wind is that there were no wasps.  They must have been hunkering down...
I took this picture of Thomas because he is only a couple of weeks older than Ellie, and is already eating hot dogs and pickles.  PICKLES!  Ellie really needs to increase her food preferences.  Now that she is better, we can work on that again.

Kelly had the fantastic idea of taking a picture of all of the children.  There are 7 ladies in our book club, and 24 children, ranging in age from Camden (6 months) to Christine (21).  That is impressive!
Christine, Danielle, Miles, Joshua, Caleb, Ben, Cassidy, Garrett, Samuel, Libby, Abby, Kaylee, Taylor, Emily, Kierra, Thomas, Tait, Logan, Devin, Ellie H.  Not pictured are Everett, Reece, Camden, and Ellie S.

3 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

Another awesome book club post! I LOVE the pictures! This was such a fun night...even with the wind and us being late!! I might have to steal some pictures too since I didn't have my camera at all! :) I can't wait to see everyone next week!

Stephanie said...

Heather . . . I am speechless (which is rare). I am truly honored to be counted as one of your friends.

Stephanie said...

Heather . . . I am speechless (and that is rare). I am truly honored to be counted as one of your friends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...