Saturday, November 6, 2010

Announcement

On or before November 22, a new baby girl will be joining our family!
We are so excited to be adding to our family through the miracle that is adoption.  Our beautiful birth mother is amazing!  We are ecstatic that Ellie will have a sister.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below is a copy of the post that I did for M's private blog, the night she announced to us (on 9/30/10)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today was one of the most amazing days of our lives!  Our case worker Adrienne came to our house at 1:30 to do our home study.  Margaret came with her, but I didn't think anything of it, because Margaret used to be our case worker before she transferred to the Provo agency.  At least, I didn't think anything of it until there was another knock on the door a few minutes later.

I had scheduled to have our windows washed, so I thought it was the window washing guys.  Instead, it was a beautiful angel with a green paisley box and green balloon.  As soon as she asked if I was Heather and said that she had a special delivery for me, I hoped that the box was from you.  I walked back into the family room, and Greg and I opened the box to find the cutest stuffed dolphin and penguin.  I pulled out all of the tissue paper, looking for more clues.  Imagine our bewilderment at not finding anything else!

A few minutes later, there was another knock at the door.  I quickly went to answer it, and found the same angel with a magenta paisley box and two magenta balloons.  Greg and I quickly ripped into it to find one of the best books ever (Guess How Much I Love You) and the most adorable pair of white, fuzzy baby boots with pink ribbons.  Again, no more clues were under any of the tissue paper.

Greg tied the balloons to Ellie's chair, and Ellie tried to eat the tissue paper.  And our case worker kept on NOT answering our questions, and tried to act all mysterious and continue our home study.
 When a knock came the third time, Greg and Ellie beat me to the door.  This time, we did not wait to go back to our seats on the couch, and just immediately opened the box standing in the hallway.
 Tears immediately came to our eyes, and I felt so overwhelmed as I read your note.  Adrienne and Margaret were laughing at us, and Margaret was taking pictures like crazy, and Greg and I just looked at each other and were crying and in shock.  It felt very surreal and amazing.  We are so overjoyed!
 
 
 
We cannot wait until Tuesday to meet you and talk to you and learn all about you.  We are so excited!  This is definitely the most special "Special Delivery" we have ever received.
 

9 comments:

Renee said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH....I am freaking out right now! Holy cow that is amazing! Congrats!!!!!!!

Natalie said...

YAY!!! That is wonderful news! :-D Congratulations!!

Julie M said...

What a lucky baby girl!!!!!!!!!!

Traci said...

Congrats!! That will be fun for all of you. Can you believe that it happened so fast?

Rachelle said...

Tears again for you guys!! I love watching the Lord's hand in blessing you so tremendously. I am so excited for you, Greg, and Ellie.

Carrie said...

How exciting Heather!! I'm so so happy for you!!

Beth said...

Yahoo! Congrats on your new addition!

Gabe and Emily said...

That is the best news! Congratulations - your sweet family will definitely bless the life of this little one and I'm sure she will be an incredible addition for you.

Angie said...

We are so happy for you!! You guys are so wonderful and will have so much fun with 2 babies! When I read your post I ran into the living room to make Shaun guess who was expecting a new baby soon. We both agree she couldn't be coming to a better family!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...