Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Greg, Ellie, Lynlee, and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We cooked up waaaay too much food and watched football and played.  M and her family came for dinner and we had a wonderful, relaxing day.
food missed in the picture - 4 more pies, stuffing, gravy, and green bean casserole

Lynlee's shirt says "thankful for mommy & daddy."  I want her to always be thankful for BOTH of her moms.

Ellie's shirt says "everyone is thankful for me" - which is so true!







There are so many tender mercies in my life to be grateful for.  I am so thankful for my family and friends.  With two babies to take care of, my world has become much more myopic.  I appreciate the kindness and support of those around me.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to build our family through the miracle of adoptions.  Without our beautiful and selfless and far-seeing birth moms, we would not have the opportunity of raising Ellie and Lynlee.  There is nothing better than that!

3 comments:

Magson said...

You're right, there really isn't anything better than that. Children are most certainly a blessing.

Catharine said...

Heather! What a beautiful family you are growing out there! Congratulations and best wishes for this special holiday season! Your girls are just gorgeous!

Tayler said...

Bet my dad brought the green bean cassorale! Nice to see you guys had a good holiday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...