Saturday, May 7, 2011

Birth Mother's Day

Today is Birth Mother's Day, a special day set aside to honor Birth Mothers and their choice to place their babies in adoptive families.

On this special day, we are grateful to honor our daughters' birth mothers, T and M.  These beautiful women are the most selfless, courageous, and brave women I have the privilege of knowing.  It is difficult for me to express my depths of gratitude and love for these amazing women!

I love this quote from http://birthmothers4adoption.blogspot.com/2011/05/guest-blogger-birthmothers-day.html (and click through to read the whole post - definitely worth the time):
"Tomorrow is Birthmother's Day, a day designed to honor the sacrifice of women who have given up so much. Many birthmothers go through life unrecognized as the mother of the child they placed for adoption. Some have other children and some do not. Yet the thing they all have in common is they are phenomenal mothers. One thing that exemplifies a good mother is her willingness to put her child's needs before her own. There is little doubt there is a lot of sacrifice that goes into being a parent.

A birthparent also puts her child's needs before her own, and because of it makes one of the greatest sacrifices any parent can ever make. This makes her a pretty amazing mother, whether she is parenting her child or not.  Mother's Day can be a bittersweet and difficult day for birthparents. While other mothers are honored, her sacrifice and status as a mother often goes ignored."

So, today, if you know any birth mothers, please send your love and support to them.  Birth Mothers are the ultimate tender mercy!


5 comments:

Traci said...

Amazing! I'm stilling your quote.

Beth said...

Thank you for posting that link. It's so precious.

I have never met your daughters' birth moms, but I love them. I really do. I love how amazing you are in remembering to honor them and that your daughters will grow up loving and respecting them.

So Happy Birthmother's Day to your birth moms. I pray they feel all the love in the world today!

Elizabeth said...

those pics turned out great!! T & M truly made an incredible sacrifice -- Davis & I are both grateful they did ;) (A day doesn't go by that he doesn't say "Ellie" and "Lynlee")

Kelly said...

Beautiful!

HappyCamper said...

You and Greg are indeed "tender mercies" because of your goodness, kindness and gratitude for your blessings. As you are grateful to the birth mothers of your precious daughters, so am I, grateful to you, one of my dear and precious daughters and son. You two have shown me patience in long-suffering, gratitude for challenges and the growth that comes through persevering. What a privilege to have you as part of my family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...