Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NAET

My life has completely changed since I started Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Techniques (NAET) treatments.  (Does that sound overly dramatic?  But it is true!)  I had reached a point where I knew I needed to do something for my allergies, but the idea of getting shots was overwhelming.  So when Kelly told me about NAET, I just knew I had to check it out.

I went in for environmental allergy testing, and discovered that I am allergic to many foods and vitamins as well.  Suddenly, a lot of things started to make sense!  For example, I have always thought I was a slow healer and it takes forever to get over a cold (which I luckily do not get very often).  I would make sure I was taking lots of vitamins and vitamin C, and nothing ever seemed to help.  Well, I am allergic to Vitamin C, so I was actually inhibiting my body from healing.  I have also secretly wondered for a few years if I have Chron's Disease like my brother and sister, but didn't want to get tested to find out for real.  Now I do not think I have it, but I know I have a gazillion allergies!

The good news is that I really feel like the NAET treatments are working.  NAET uses controlled exposure to the allergen and acupressure to eliminate the allergy.  For 25 hours after a treatment, I completely avoid the allergen.  Some treatments have a larger reaction than others.  I am was allergic to gelatin, milk, cheese, yogurt, and calcium, so when I did the dairy & calcium treatment, I felt like I had been hit by a truck.  That was definitely the worst one.  Some I haven't really had a reaction. Dr. Kofford is awesome!

Here's how I know it's working.  I have more energy than I have had in years, because it seems like my body is actually absorbing nutrients instead of rejecting.  My intestinal/digestive habits have completely changed.  I can eat dairy for the first time in over a decade without getting sick.  It is amazing!

I have finished my food allergen treatments (they always do those first) and have had one environmental treatment.  I can't wait to be treated for animal epithelials and perfume.  I think those will have a big impact on my life as well.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Wow, who knew! I am glad it seems to be working. There is nothing better than feeling like you have energy. Good luck!

Kelly said...

Love that you posted about NAET! It is completely amazing. Love that it has helped you so much. Amazing!

Rachelle said...

Happy for you Heather!! Great news!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...