Friday, January 27, 2012

Funny Things

Lynnie sits in the high chair the same way Ellie used to, with one foot--or both--propped up on her tray.  Lynnie wants to feed herself, and she does an OK job.  She will let me squeeze baby food in her mouth (the kind that comes in a pouch), but she rarely lets me put a spoon in her mouth.
Ellie pulled some bottles and cups out of the cupboard, and spent a good hour pretending to fill them up in her kitchen sink, give drinks to her babies and animals, and then put them all to bed. 
Ellie has decided she does not like to wear clothes at home.  She sure is cute running around in her undies!
Lunch with Lynlee's birth mom was super fun, and brought back so many memories!  Greg and I first met her at Zupa's, and it was almost surreal to think about how our relationship has changed since that first meeting.

Ellie likes to hold up her finger and say things like, "hold on one minute."  Hmmm, I wonder where she learned that?
Ellie also likes to "steal" Greg's pen and put it in her shirt, the same way he puts it in his.
Whew!  After eating and waking up a little, Lynnie was back to her normal, happy self.  She did all of her tricks and was super cute during the visit.

2 comments:

Linder said...

Hi, you don't know me! I'm an adoptive mom to two little boys close in age to your two little ones. We were going through our adoption process around the same time as you. That's when I found your blog. I added it to my reader years ago and have loved watching all the exciting things in your life from a distance. I have been thinking for awhile to write you and say "Hi" and Thank You for your blog. I always feel happy and inspired and just wanted to let you know. I didn't want to freak you out with my stalking, it was with good intentions -- to see another family going through adoption. I hope that's okay! You should be able to access our blog and my email from my profile. I love open adoption and this post so I had to finally speak up :) So THANK YOU!

PS I intended to email you but couldn't find your email address on your blog. You can feel free NOT to publish this crazy comment :)

k said...

Heather!
I think this is a post for unexpected comments :) I do love your blog, as well as your cute girls. I might be a little biased though-- I have an older sister named Lynley :) Anyway, I just wanted to show my appreciation for your honesty about motherhood by nominating you for the Liebster blog award (http://100letterstoyou.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-blog-award.html). If you don't participate in blog awards, that's okay. I just wanted you to know that your perspective and honesty is extremely appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...