Sunday, March 4, 2012

Q&A

My online friend Linder over at Kilts and Kimchee was kind enough to challenge me to answer some thought-provoking questions.  Here goes!

1. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Their eyes, and especially if their eyes look happy.

2. Last movie you watched? What did you think?
The last full, adult-type movie I watched was Courageous.  I found the premise interesting, albeit a little predictable.  I'm such a sap that I (maybe) cried a little at the end.  On Friday during Lynnie's nap and Ellie's quiet time I watched a 10-minute snippet of North and South, which is perhaps my favorite movie of all time.  (And now that I typed that, I got a longing for its gorgeous soundtrack and have episode 1 playing on youtube in the background.  Wow.)

3. Are you a "morning" person or a "night" person?
I have never minded being up once I'm up, and I like being awake at night if there is stuff happening.  Hmmm, I guess I'm flexible.

4. Have you ever helped a stranger? If so, how?
I hope I do on a regular basis.  The last time I can think of is picking up a gallon of milk for a fellow shopper last week after it fell off her cart and chasing her down in the parking lot.

5. What would you do with 5 million dollars?
Adopt 80 more children.  And hire a maid.

6. If you could visit anywhere, where would you visit?
I would love to go on a family and friends tour, most notably with stops in Minnesota (hi Dad) and Shanghai (hi Amy) and Portugal (hi Greg's mission friends).

7. At the end of the day, what things would have happened that would make you feel like it was a good day?
I always know it's been a good day when there has been at least one moment that I savor, one moment that can make up the molecules of eternity (to paraphrase Elder Maxwell).  Kristin taught a beautiful lesson in Relief Society today and shared a clip that expresses this idea so wonderfully.


8. Do you like your handwriting? Why or why not?
Not anymore!  I almost never write and so when I do my hand cramps up and it looks sloppy.  Even sloppier than it was 10 years ago, which is really saying something.

9. What cartoon character describes you best?
Um, how about a caricature?  I've always identified most strongly with Miss Bates from Jane Austen's Emma.

10. Sweet breakfast or savory?
A mixture -- I love breakfast burritos with a side of Greg's fried potatoes drizzled in syrup.

11. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Oh, this one is easy!  I marvel everyday at the kindness and generosity of spirit and foresight exhibited by Tayler and M, our daughters' birth moms.  Choosing me to parent their babies is the kindest thing that has ever been done for me.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

You're so great. xoxo

Linder said...

Love all your responses, thanks for answering :) What a great video!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...