Monday, April 2, 2012

Look at Me!

One of Ellie's favorite phrases is, "Mom, look at me!"  Lynnie loves to say "Mama" to get my attention.  I love the way they show off for me--the things their bodies can do, and the clever things they say, and the creative way they play with their toys.

I want them to always want me to watch them, and to always be confident in themselves.  I want them to continue to be tenacious in problem-solving, and adaptable, and kind.  I want them to be confident and secure. 

I want to protect them from people who will tell them that they are not good enough, or not smart enough, or just simply, not enough.

Too often it seems that children, and especially girls, hit the teen years not confident, wanting to be small, not wanting to be noticed.  I want Ellie and Lynlee to always want to be noticed, like they do now. 

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Oh we want so much as mothers...let's hope and pray for confidence. I make so many parenting decisions based on my desire for my children to have it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...