Sunday, August 5, 2012

Visit with Tayler

We love getting together with Tayler, and especially getting together to celebrate.  Tayler's birthday is tomorrow, so she came over with her family for dinner.  What a great night!

My favorite song from the Wicked soundtrack is For Good, because I love the concept behind these lyrics:

I've heard it said  
That people come into our lives for a reason 
Bringing something we must learn  
And we are led 
To those who help us most to grow  
If we let them  
And we help them in return  
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true  
But I know I'm who I am today  
Because I knew you...

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?  
But because I knew you  
I have been changed for good

So much of me  
Is made from what I learned from you  
You'll be with me  
Like a handprint on my heart  
And now whatever way our stories end 
I know you have re-written mine 
By being my friend...

Who can say if I've been  
Changed for the better? 
I do believe I have been 
Changed for the better 
Because I knew you...  
I have been changed for good...
This is how I feel about the miracle of adoption and the beautiful birth moms that are a part of my life.  I truly have been changed both for the better and for good by being invited into their lives.
helping make Tayler's birthday cake


 Love my presents!  Now just let me play!



1 comment:

Carrie said...

What cute pictures! It looks like it was a happy birthday :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...