Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Life Is Too Short

I received the news yesterday morning that a friend unexpectedly passed away.  

She is too young, and it is too soon.

It is hard to put in to words the thoughts and feelings of the last 2 days.  Heidi and I are the same age.   Her children are in 7th and 9th grade.  My heart is full for them and for Heidi's family.

Heidi has the biggest personality and tells the greatest stories.  Hanging out with her was always fun, and I always came home sore because I had laughed so much.

It was always awesome when she would come hang out at Grandma's house when Jonette was in town, because she would take her shoes off.  And shrink about 5 inches.  I always forgot that Heidi was (as she put it) legally a midget, because she wore such high heels.

I taught piano to her kids for a few years and loved it -- even though they never practiced.  Ever.  They were so busy after school that they would come at 6:30 in the morning.  That is how much I love them!  I had never done lessons that early before (or since).

Even though we have had less contact in the last few years, I loved staying connected, even peripherally, through facebook and updates from Tammy. 

Life is truly too short.  

I have played harder with the girls and wanted to snuggle them more closely since I have heard the news.  Confronting my own (and everyone else's) mortality is difficult sometimes.  

Heidi will be missed.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm so sorry about your loss, Heather!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...