Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Slime

Ellie and I made slime and had so much fun playing with it during Lynlee's nap.  It was the perfect project to do together!

We mixed 4 ounces of Sta-Flo liquid starch with one bottle of Clear School Glue.  We both dove our hands in and mixed and mixed until it got gloopy.  I divided the mixture into four bowls, and then I added way too much food coloring.

In an effort to get rid of some of the excess, dripping food coloring, I rinsed each chunk in the sink, and kept on kneading the slime mixture.  Then I tried to pat off the extra water with paper towels.

That was a mistake.

It instantly stuck to the paper towels, and I lost almost half of our slime trying to rip it back off.

After these hiccups, we were ready to play for real!

Elli loved patting and mixing and scooping water on the slime.





 It made a cool rainbow!
 And stringy, long snakes.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...