Monday, November 5, 2012

The Healthiest Food...

...I can get Ellie to eat:  whole wheat apple pancakes.  I make these so often that I have the recipe memorized.  The only tricky part is that Ellie always wants to help me make them, but I cannot let her see me grate the apple or she claims she doesn't like them. The apple makes them sweet enough that we don't need syrup, and there are always plenty extra to freeze for preschool and church mornings (a quick trip through the toaster and she eats them in the car).

Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes

Peel and grate 1 apple.  Add 1 beaten egg, 1 cup milk, and 1 tbsp oil.  Stir.

Then fold in 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yummm!

Thanks for sharing.

Jayston was a super picky eater at that age too. He is just growing out of it. I highly suggest the book "How to Get Your Kids To Eat but Not Too Much" It helped me a lot.

Heather said...

Thanks for the tip--I will check that book out. And thanks for the green smoothie recipe, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...