Thursday, November 1, 2012

National Adoption Month


November is National Adoption Month!  I look forward to this all year, to celebrate adoption and birthmoms.  I love our birthmoms and am so grateful to have built our family through adoption.

The girls and I just got back from visiting with my friend Carrie who is starting the adoption journey.  Talking with her brought back a lot of memories--the uncertainty about creating an online profile, the anxiety about being picked by a birthmom, the craziness of not having any control over the situation.  

I am grateful for remembering, because it helps me pause and be more grateful for where we are now.

We have 2 beautiful daughters and 2 open adoptions.  

It is worth the uncertainty and the anxiety and the craziness in the end.  And it is a lot easier to say that on this end of our decade-long adoption journey than it would have ever been to say at the beginning.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...