Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Newest FSA Board Member



So, I had my first meeting tonight as the newest member of the American Fork Agency FSA Board (Families Supporting Adoption).  I wore my pretty necklace that Amy gave me for Christmas, had Hailey come play with Ellie and Lynnie, and had a nice 1 hour meeting.

I love being an adoption advocate, and the girls are getting old enough that I can focus on things outside of myself (a little bit) again.

I volunteered to maintain the FSA blog, because I knew that is something I can do at home after the girls are in bed.  I got to the meeting tonight to find out that the blog had been discontinued.

That's all right, I volunteered to make flyers for the new couple orientations once a month.  Easy peasy.

It is exciting to take part in adoption education efforts, and especially exciting to be able to work with Melinda Buchanan-Emery in a different setting.  She is the adoption manager at the AF office and is simply fabulous.

3 comments:

Traci said...

Go Heather, you rock!

Rachelle said...

Hooray for the goodness you are doing!! Does the Melinda happen to be Melinda Buchanen-Emery?

Heather said...

Yes, it is Melinda Buchanen-Emery! If you know her than you know how excited I am to work with her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...