Friday, February 1, 2013

Pre-Birthday Celebrations

Remember my amazing friend Mary?  She organized a birthday lunch for me, inviting a lot of my favorite people.  The kids played, the ladies caught up, and we ate delicious food.  What a great way to kick off a 2 day celebration for my birthday!
 It was like a Primary reunion, with Nina, Julie, Mary, and Darci all together again.  And, of course, we had to have Elizabeth with us as well.  We got to meet baby Mitt, who is 5 pounds of pure deliciousness.  And we ate chocolate.  It doesn't get much better than that!

Mary's awesomeness extends beyond putting together a fun event and feeding us all Dove chocolate.  She remembered a blog post I did about an impactful birthday when a friend made me rice pudding as a present.

And Mary made that recipe for me for dessert.  And sent me home with the leftovers!
In the afternoon, McKinzie came over to practice her oboe.  I get to play for her next Saturday while she auditions for a scholarship.  This girl is amazing in every way!  She played with the girls, and entertained us all. She even let me play her oboe a little.  When I stopped thinking about it and let my muscle memory take over, I could do all of the fingerings.  My embouchure only lasted about 4 minutes, though.

Then Brinn came over to play with the girls and I met the BCLs for a dinner to celebrate Kelly's birthday as well as mine.  Any excuse to get together with my friends is a good one!

A perfect day spent with most of my favorite people.  I am truly spoiled.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...