Friday, July 12, 2013

19 Years & Counting

Today Greg and I celebrated 19 years of marriage.  I have been married for almost half my life (I got married at 19 years and 5 months old).  Greg was 21.  Young, I know, but it has definitely worked for us.

We have always had a great marriage, and this past year it has blossomed into an amazing marriage.

Not to brag, or anything.

In trying to think about what has made the difference, I believe it comes down to patience, trust, and kindness.  We are more patient with each others foibles (especially Greg with mine--can you say chatter, anyone?).  We have grown in trust, in being able to vocalize long-held insecurities and vulnerabilities.  Things we already knew about each other, but there was power in the vocalization.  Greg has always been kind, but he has become exceptionally kind and gentle and loving in the past year.

I am one lucky girl.

To celebrate our anniversary, we spent a wonderful day together.  The girls got to play with Hailey, and we started at the temple.  I posted this picture on Facebook, and Kylene was nice enough to notice that we took a selfie and it turned out, since she knows that I am seriously challenged when it comes to the selfie technique!
 After the temple we stopped by Greg's parents' house to change our clothes.  (We knew if we went home it would create chaos for Hailey.)  We visited for a while and then headed for dinner at Market Street Grill.

My life post-NAET has me trying lots of new foods to see if I really don't like them or if I just didn't like them before.  We got a crab, spinach, and artichoke dip for an appetizer and it was tasty.
 And I had to take a picture of my $4.90 salad.

Seriously, $4.90.  The vinaigrette was good, though.
 After dinner it was time for some mini-golf.  We haven't played in years, long enough that Greg forgot that I was a ringer.  I was quite talented at this game as a teenager.
 So talented, that when I dropped my ball it landed in the bush.
 So talented that I got a hole in one!

 So talented that I led for 5 holes, was down for 2 holes, and then recovered to lead again.  And then my attention wandered and I seriously lost.

But did I mention that I got a hole in one?
Next up was a little dessert stop, and then a scenic drive over the mountains on the way home.  Magical Hailey had Lynnie long asleep, but Ellie was determined to wait up for her daddy.  A few minutes of snuggling and Ellie was asleep.

It was a wonderful day to reminisce about our life together, and to make plans and dream big for the next 19 years.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congrats. Youre both so wonderful. I miss you! Glad you had a good anniversary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...