Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Campfire and Bubbles

We love playing outside, even if we only catch a few minutes at a time.

I love to watch their creativity.  Lynnie is starting to do more pretend play, and Ellie loves to imagine things.

 Ellie decided to build a campfire and roast marshmallows.


After playing for a while, I decided the front porch could use a quick sweep.  Ellie took my broom away and insisted on doing it herself.  What a good helper!

Lately, Ellie likes to take a bath while I take a shower.  She said she was going to get in, but got involved playing with Lynnie and didn't make it.  After I was all ready, she decided she still wanted to get in, so we turned it into a bubble bath extravaganza.


Lynnie has been cautious about bubbles, and has never liked them.  She had a real breakthrough, wanting to touch the bubbles, and then wanting to sit on the edge and put her feet in, and then...

...she wanted to get in!  Go, Lulu!!!!

 My favorite part was when Ellie scooped up a ton of bubbles and put them in the toy bucket.  So the toys wouldn't get lonely.


After the bubble bath extravaganza, we headed out to run some errands.  It was afternoon now, and  Ellie was starting to have a rough time.  She has not been to bed on time for about a week, and has created an environment where it is harder for her to be happy.  As we were checking out at Walmart, Ellie scraped her foot on the cart.  And when we were in the car, she told me, "I just miss daddy!  I wish he would be at home when we get there."

Ellie even took a picture of herself and texted it to Greg.  Without my help.

I didn't know she knew how to do that.

Pretty impressive.


After an hour at home, all was well in the world, and we headed to dance class.  Lynnie was hilarious while we were waiting.  She told me, "I need to show Daddy.  I'm super strong.  Tummy side!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...