Friday, October 4, 2013

My Darling

The girls and I like to go to the library on Thursdays for Story Time, and we always check out a couple of cd's with our books.  This time, Lynlee picked "Baby Mine." I am pretty sure I donated this CD to the library years ago.  It was pre-Ellie and it was a gift, and it wasn't something I wanted to keep at the time.

Yesterday, the girls and I got in the car and popped it in the CD player, and loved the arrangement of "Baby Mine" that was first.

We listened to it 3 times.

Then we listened to the next track, and within the first 6 counts, Ellie yelled, "it's the song from our video!"

And it is the gorgeous song from our adoption videoI am so excited to find out what the song is and where it comes from.  I especially love the lyrics.


 My Darling by Ryan Tanner.

Go back to sleep now, my darling,
and I'll keep all the bad dreams away.
Breathe now, think sweet things,
and I'll think of all the right words to say.
Cause we made you, my darling,
with the love in each of our hearts.
We're a family, my darling,
right from the start.

Grow up now, my darling,
but please don't you grow up too fast.
Be sure, my darling, to make all the good times last.
Cause we made you, my darling,
with the love in each of our hearts.
We're a family, my darling,
right from the start.

We're a family, my darling,
right from the start.

1 comment:

Beth said...

We love that song! I bought it when Jayston was born and it always brings tears to my eyes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...