Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Waiting Day

Today was {R}s day to spend with her family in the hospital, so we did lots of last minute things at home.  Lynnie picked out a killer outfit for Kindermusik, including her "purple pizza rainboots."

I gained a little more empathy for birth parents today.  Yesterday, I felt like I was in constant communication with {B} and had update after update.  We'd already agreed ahead of time that today was {R}s family day, and I wasn't expecting any communication.  But it was hard to wonder--how is {R} doing?  How's Cece with the IV?  Is she off of it and back with {R}?  It made me realize even more how crucial ongoing communication and updates are.  It is really hard to sit and worry and wonder and not have any information.

About 5 p.m., {B} sent me this darling picture and let me know that Cece was off of the IV and had been back with them for an hour or so, and that {R} was doing well.

I was finishing folding all of the laundry, and Lynnie played in the big tub.  This is her new favorite thing, and she has had a bath with bubbles every day for three days.

Ellie crawled on my bed to help fold laundry, and quickly abandoned that plan to watch Netflix.

I found myself marveling at the "normalness" of the day, and how our routine was going to drastically change.  I thought all day of {T} and {M} and remembered our placements with them.  My heart is so full of love for the girls and their birth moms, and for the miracle of adoption in my life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...