Saturday, September 20, 2014

Week in Review

Our week started off with dinner at my mom's house.  Because of Stake Conference, Greg had a little wiggle room in his schedule.  He arranged a 2 hour break in the middle of the afternoon (because Bobi and Lyssa needed to meet between 3:30-5) and he was able to go with us this time.  This picture to me typifies our time together right now--the dads entertaining each other and the girls; Lyssa snuggling her dad on the couch while checking her phone; Ellie playing with Lyssa's hand-me-down doll set; Lynnie rocking in the chair that Grandma rocked in as a little girl; Cece loving on her daddy.

Cece is smack in the middle of the "mom is best" stage, and she is not a fan of people in general.  Grandma is one of the chosen ones, and Cece is always be happy sitting with her.

It must be really boring to pick up Ellie from Kindergarten.  Cece falls asleep pretty much every single time we go!  Or maybe, it's just the perfect time for her morning nap.  Can you get over how perfect her little face is?  Those cheeks, and those lips!

Cece is a dream at violin lessons.  She loves to play with this Dora toy.  It is her favorite.

The big girls take turns having their lesson and playing in the play room.  I overheard Lynnie say, "C'mon, Tovin, climb up here!  Let's go!"

Greg got the hot tub emptied, cleaned out, and refilled last Saturday.  The big girls have missed their hot tub swimming time, and were ecstatic to get in for our Family Home Evening activity.

Ellie loves to practice holding her breath and swimming.



Lynnie is such an adorable tease!  She would not look at me to take a picture.  

Cece and I opted to watch for a while, and then went back inside to play. I was impressed that these pictures turned out so beautifully, considering I just blindly pointed the camera at Cece's face, trying to stretch my arm as far away as possible...


Greg and Ellie had a contest to see who could stay under the water the longest.  Ellie was very impressed at how long Daddy could go.



. : totally zebrafied : .

I love watching this darling girl figure things out!  We were playing in the basement, and she put the turtle shell on her head.  It fit perfectly.

On Thursday, Cece had her first sound booth experience.  The girls and I headed to Orem Elementary School, where there is a section dedicated to the Utah School for the Deaf.  We met with two audiologists, who gave Cece a bunch of tests.  Ellie and Lynnie were amazing and played very well in the waiting area while Cece and I met with the doctors.

For the sound booth test, Cece and I went in the booth with one audiologist, while another one was outside of the window, controlling the sounds.  When sounds came through the speakers, they wanted Cece to look at the speakers, and when she did, lights would flash and a Donald Duck figurine would dance.

It was an interesting experience.  Cece got a fair-poor rating.  The audiologists said that the test still doesn't tell us much, because even babies who can hear have to learn to look at the speakers and will usually get a fair rating at this age.  I kept on thinking that I felt a lot like one of Pavlov's dogs...

It does seem like Cece hears us a lot.  And definitely more than she used to.  It is hard to tell if she doesn't respond sometimes because she doesn't hear the sound, or if it is because she is 7 months old and doesn't want to respond.  We will keep monitoring and see how things go.

I did realize that even though Cece signs "milk" and "more," I have not been diligent in teaching her more signs or in watching our fabulous Baby Signing Time DVDs.  Friday morning, I put Cece in her nest and popped in the first BST disc while I took a shower.  Cece was fascinated, dancing to the music and waving her arms around.

Ellie loves to help Lynnie in dance class.  She tried to physically put Lynnie's feet in 1st position.  It was hard work!


Cece sat in criss-cross applesauce.  That's good balance!

The big girls have been having a hard time lately obeying the first time they are asked to do something.  We decided to have positive reinforcement, and started The Fuzzy Jar.  Every time one of them chooses to obey the first time, they got to put a fuzzy in the jar.  They decided they wanted to use foam stickers as well.  After 3 weeks, they filled up the jar with their good behavior, and it was time to pick a family adventure as a reward.  They decided they wanted to go swimming.

I had to take a picture on the way, and Lynnie started by giving me a very grumpy face.  Silly girl!

Ellie wanted to make sure we could see Cece, so she held up her foot.

I love the new Project Life app for my phone.  It makes me feel like I can really match things--and I can, because you can't really have a bad combination of the design cards.  It's been fun to play around with the app.

We finished up our fun day with a ward party.  Ellie quickly found a bunch of friends to play with, and it was awesome to watch her across the park, just playing hard.  She's in the middle of the line of girls, wearing her blue princess dress.  Lynnie and Cece hung out with Greg and I, and we all had fun talking with our friends and neighbors.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...