Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

My mom started a tradition a few years ago of having the family come to her house on Christmas Eve.  We eat a nice dinner and get to open all of our presents!  It is sure fun.  This year, she set up the tree in the basement by the fire, and it was cozy and nice.

I love these pictures that Lyssa took:




Poor Ellie was not feeling well.  She had rallied for dinner, but was just worn out.







I wanted to get a picture of Lynnie's shirt, because it says "I'm the best present ever."  She thought it was pretty funny to not hold still or smile for me.  (And it was pretty funny!)








Brian handed out the gifts, with an assist by Cece.













When we got home, it was time for our tradition of reading the Nativity with puppets and having a devotional on the meaning of Christmas.  We were rushing because Ellie was not feeling well, and we had stayed too long at Mom's house and it was late.  In the rush, I forgot to give the girls their new Christmas pajamas.  Oh, well.  

Cece was hilarious and not at all interested in hearing the Nativity!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...