Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May 11 - 17

Greg belongs to a business networking group called BNI, and he was excited when a handyman joined.  We promptly hired Zach to come and fix the paint on all of our outdoor doors and door frames.  I figured since he was repainting anyway, it was time for a new color.  The girls and I headed to Home Depot and there was a shed there with the perfect sage green color.  We had it color matched and Zach painted the next day.  I love how it turned out!  It brightens up the porch, compared to the burgundy color we have had for 10 years.


Lulu is the best model!

We missed the cold weather crops but were determined to get the rest of the garden in earlier than Memorial Day.  It only took a couple of hours and we had everything purchased, new compost mixed in the beds, and the starts planted.

Elle and Lu loved watering the new starts with MiracleGro.




Lynnie was playing on my phone while I was doing Take Home Library work.  Unbeknownst to me, she took dozens of pictures on our walk from the school library to the van.  She got pictures of everything from the hallway to Ellie's teacher to Cece & I signing out on the computer in the front office.  It was a great surprise when I found the pictures on my camera roll.

One of the cool things about Ellie's charter school is that every parent agrees to volunteer 40 hours during the school year.  Last year I didn't meet that goal, but this year I was determined to make it happen.  Thanks to THL, it has!  This morning I hit 39.9 hours and there are still 2 more Mondays to go.


Waiting for Kanisha to come is hard work when you are 5.  Lynlee was so excited to go with Kanisha to surprise Albert for his birthday.


I love getting emails like this one:



Screenshot of a text I sent {R}:



Lynlee is our biggest snuggler.  She often plays "musical beds" in the middle of the night and ends up in Ellie's bed, our bed, or in her special bed on the floor of the closet.

This is what happens when Mommy has to go potty.  And I didn't even know we had any Oreo cookies...

Greg travels to Chicago four times a year for a conference/training seminar.  He always stays with Uncle Clay, my dad's best friend from when we were growing up.  Greg told the girls that he got to rent a truck this time, and they wanted to see it so he sent us a picture.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...